ORMIT™Analyzer Oracle® Forms & Reports analysis tool
Oracle® Forms Code Analysis Tool
ORMIT™-Analyzer version 12
Can you afford the hidden costs and risks of under-optimal Oracle® Forms Code Quality?
Customized Oracle® Forms/Reports application development brings high levels of flexibility but with years of code maintenance and modifications, your application code documentation is obsolete 90% of the time.
Several aspects can impact your code quality such as its consistency, redundancy, dead-code:
- Development staff turn-over throughout the years;
- Functional & Technical application documentation inaccuracy;
- Mixed coding standards;
- PL-SQL and SQL source code and business logic distribution;
In consequence, any change within the source code could have implications throughout the application, which results in a high risk for the application quality during any maintenance or change-request development tasks.
Automatic, Efficient, Complete
Our state of the art ORMIT-Analyzer tool helps understand the existing development patterns and to find opportunities to simplify the source code.
The objective is to obtain detailed information on the possibilities and challenges to enable a more “future-ready” software architecture by separating the software architectural components: User-Interface, Business Logic and Database.
ORMIT-Analyzer also helps prepare a potential application modernization project with the objective to protect the investment in the existing business logic and to achieve easier maintainable, more modern software architecture.
Automatic, Efficient, Complete
This validated tool by Oracle® gathers the following type of input:
- X-Ray Scan of all modules: Forms, Reports, PLLs, Object Libraries
- Object count per module: Blocks, Items Canvases, Windows, LOVs, Program Units, Triggers, Built-ins
- Ratio of unused objects (Dead-Code)
- Ratio of redundant code
- Business logic distribution
- Source code quality
- Source code dependencies
- Runtime References : Host Calls, Run Reports User Exits
- Analysis of references across Oracle® Forms objects and modules: Type (dependent or independent), Static, Runtime.
- Special Aspects considered: Triggers at the wrong level. Triggers with mouse navigation. Obsolete Items and Built-ins. Keywords conflicts.
ORMIT™-Analyzer gathers the following type of input
X-Ray Scan of all modules
Forms(FMB), Reports(RDF), Libraries(PLL), Object Librairies(OLB)
Source code quality
Ratio of unused objects, Ratio of redundant code, Business logic distribution
Source code dependencies
Objects dependency report for all objects
Object count per module
Blocks, Items Canvases, Windows, LOVs, Program Units, Triggers
Host Calls, Run Reports, User Exits
Aspects to consider
Triggers at the wrong level. Triggers with mouse navigation. Obsolete Items and Built-ins. Keywords conflicts.
Detailed built-ins usage report
Analysis of references across Oracle® Forms objects and modules
Type (dependent or independent), Static, Runtime.
ORMIT™-Analyzer output is used with our proprietary estimation algorithm to provide customers with precise and realistic quotation for any Oracle® Forms project.
ORMIT™ is cost effective
Migration project timeline