Senior Cloud Administrator
Type : Contract
Duration : 6 month
As a Senior Cloud Administrator, you will be an essential part of the Cloud Infrastructure & Operations team; a highly recognized group within the Data & Analytics division that plays a direct role in Big Data, Machine Learning and Analytics technologies by designing, enabling and supporting Analytics, and middleware technologies on Cloud platforms.
We are looking for someone who (is):
- Experienced with Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (Saas)
- Interested in working with leading edge Big Data, Machine Learning, and Analytics technologies.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems, creating long-term solutions, and identifies as a problem-solver.
- Enjoys learning, keeping up-to-date with technologies, and has the ability to thoroughly understand how new technologies work.
- Passionate about Data & Analytics and its related technologies
In this role, you will be required to quickly pick-up, understand and become proficient with a wide range of software technologies. In addition to this, you will be versed in agile project management and lead small-and-medium sized infrastructure projects while offering a superior client experience.
The successful candidate will have 8 years of experience in Information Technology, with at least 3 years demonstrated experience with Cloud technologies.
Please note: The Cloud Infrastructure & Operations team supports projects in Canada, the United States and Asia and operates with core hours of 9:00 – 16:00 EST to ensure proper crossover between North American and India team members.
What will you do?
- Understand and work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Platform as a Service (Paas), Software as a Service (SaaS), and Hadoop administration and related ecosystem technologies.
- Manage small, medium, and large size infrastructure projects, and participate in projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, and define, manage and track project deliverables using defined technologies.
- Work closely with other team members, technical/team leads, management, specialized IT areas and application support teams to ensure consistent delivery and quality of platform and cloud services.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation and procedures for all supported cloud related platforms, and define requirements in cooperation with Developers and other Specialists.
- Develop scripts to support the operations of Linux based platforms.
- Performance Tuning in all related technologies
- Contribute ideas regarding best practice improvements, process improvement and innovative solutions during team meetings.
- Occasional participation in after-hours and weekend support of production implementations, infrastructure activities, and various disaster recovery exercises, and participation in a rotational on-call schedule.
What competencies will you need to succeed?
- High academic credentials and University level degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Science.
- Multi specialized; proficient in Big Data Concepts, Analytics Technologies, ETL and Reporting.
- Understand, can describe and can put into action complex concepts.
- Conceptual ability to figure out how technology works
- Ability to work independently and in teams, and experience leading small to medium project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Passion for data and analytics as a career.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently.
- Ability to contribute solutions that meet or exceed business requirements.
- Willingness to share ideas and speak up in small to medium sized groups.
- Willingness to provide on-call support and trouble shooting.
Experience that would be nice to have:
- Scripting languages (Linux Bash, Microsoft Powershell, etc.).
- Develop scripts to support the operations of Windows and Unix based platforms.
- Understanding of database backup and recovery strategies (including DR strategies)
- Understanding of replication, mirroring, log shipping and maintenance strategies
- Some knowledge of data-mapping and logical and physical data modeling
- Database tuning experience
- Multi specialized; proficient in Database Development, Web Development
Our advisory for this position
Specialist in talent acquisition & attraction
need you. Apply today