QA Environment Support Specialist 3200667
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment, which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
An Environment support engineering specialist is required for a Tier 1 investment bank supporting the Delta One Structured Products IT group. This is a global front-office team that supports the global OTC Equity Swap Portfolio, Single Name, and Index derivative businesses. We are designing a complete restructure of the Equity Swaps trading platform, and this role is for a non-production Environment Engineer within our trading plant.
The role would suit candidates who have broad experience in technologies found in message-based architectures, strong scripting skills and working within and improving support procedures. You will be responsible for non-production environment stability, improving existing monitoring and procedures, infrastructure hygiene, some production turnovers and database refreshes.
The role requires someone who is flexible, able to respond to a dynamic business environment, and able to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery deadlines. The candidate must be adaptable to work across multiple technologies and disciplines, with a focus on delivering quality solutions for the business in a timely fashion.
The candidate should possess strong software engineering skills, a logical approach to problem solving, be able to work in a fast-paced environment liaising with demanding stakeholders to understand complex requirements and be able to prioritize work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in a support role.
- Understanding of message-based architectures
- RDBMS Sybase and/or DB2, with very high proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Strong Unix/Linux scripting or Perl scripting
- Good Problem solving and analytical skills
- Full software development lifecycle understanding
- Good software development practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest to learn the business supported by the applications
- Foundations in Java J2SE is preferable
- Foundation in Python
- Database performance tuning
- Excel VBA
- Knowledge of the Equity Derivative business
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
HR Advisor and Talent Finder
need you. Apply today