Java Team Lead 3214824
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Legal Compliance & Corporate Governance (LCG) Technology provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firm’s resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior. Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
The Trade Surveillance team builds and executes complex surveillance models that focus on monitoring the trading practices of the Firm’s front office functions. A developer in this space partners with business analysts and other developers to drive forward the business agenda through solid design and execution. We are looking for a senior developer, who will also serve as an Agile chapter lead. Previous management experience is not required. In this role, you will work with across our team globally and with our internal clients. The majority of our code inventory is back-end Java with some UI.
Challenges in this space include our transition from traditional Java Virtual Machine (JVM) to functional programming on Hadoop spark building out processes looking for specific behavior in complex data sets in the hundreds of millions of records. Understanding the data as we work with it is key to our success.
- Leading one of the Montreal agile chapters of 6-10 people
- Guiding junior developers on best practices for code management, unit testing, and behavior- driven design
- Contributing to team standards and improving processes
- Executing against our technical roadmap as we transition from code bases in Perl, Java, or Scala to our Cloud architecture
- Performing hands-on development in an agile squad working with business analysts and other developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10 years of technical experience as an application developer
- Complete SDLC process and Agile Methodology (Scrum)
- Experience coordinating a development team
- Experience with data analysis and data modeling on a relational DB platform
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Familiarity with microservices frameworks and REST architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience in Trade Surveillance or working with data from the order lifecycle
- Previous experience in a large technology organization with globally distributed teams
- Familiarity with Kafka or other messenger service frameworks
- High quality software architecture and design methodologies and patterns
- Hands-on Data Mining and analytical work experience
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec. We offer a hybrid work environment, combining remote work and attendance in the office.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
HR Advisor and Talent Finder
need you. Apply today