Java Developer Lead 3188825
• To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
• State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
• An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are also responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Technology, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
Global Transaction Reporting (GTR) Technology is responsible for creating solutions that meet the ever-changing trade reporting needs of the firm’s global regulators. A key investment area for the firm, the requirements span a multitude of financial products from simple to highly complex, including OTC derivatives, listed derivatives and cash products. Primary focus for the North America team is Canadian and USA based regulators and projects involve major initiatives including Re-architecture and Re-platforming. A significant consumer of firmwide trade and reference data, the key challenge for the team is to transform the complex internal data models into what is required for each regulator, for millions of events each day, in near-real-time, with guaranteed completeness and accuracy.
The Global Transaction Reporting team is looking for a Senior Technical lead to join the growing team in Montreal. You will be part of a large dynamic global team, which also has presence in Glasgow, Mumbai, Bangalore, New York, and London.
• You will work primarily as a Senior Java developer & DevOps Champion as part of a collaborative agile development team.
• You will lead the Java developer team.
• You will work on a modern micro-service-based Java 8+ platform which runs on our own internal cloud.
• In addition to development you will coach and mentor other more junior developers.
• You will support & advance the engineering & DevOps practice in the team collaborating with other global technical leaders.
• You will be responsible for contributing to architectural vision & disseminating the resulting firmwide and departmental vision to their squad.
• Initiate design reviews for major architectural changes implemented by their squad.
• Assist the Scrum Master in resolving technical conflict within the squad - including by collaborating with the wider Architecture Team.
• Represent the squad in team-wide design forums.
• Drive the creation and measurement of KPIs of the squad's quality output.
• You will be required to liaise directly with a variety of stakeholders throughout the firm.
• You will be responsible for continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
• Minimum 8+ years of experience with Core Java and some experience with (version 8+).
• Previous experience in leading a team.
• DevOps experience.
• Unix shell scripting.
• SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2.
• Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring.
• Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF design Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce.
• Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming.
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Knowledge of French and English is required.
• Experience in banking and regulatory reporting.
• Knowledge of OTC listed and cash products.
• Domain driven design and micro-services experience.
• Experience of agile and scrum methodologies.
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
Specialist in talent acquisition & attraction
need you. Apply today