Front-End Lead Developer 3185877
• To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
• State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
• An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
The Operations Technology team develops and maintains several of the most critical back- and middle- office systems supporting the firm’s operations, including (but not limited to) Settlements, Confirmations, Position Keeping, Corporate Actions processing, Analytics/BI, Workflow Automation, with components deployed on premise and in Microsoft Azure Cloud environments.
The Smart Process Automation and Robotics Center (SPARC) group is a Global team, responsible for developing and supporting a suite of automations and workflows to automate multiple core operational processes across functions like Confirmations, Settlements, Tax processing and Asset servicing. The team also supports a common web-based UI named QWEST that is used across Operations that has a user base in excess of ten thousand people and supports daily processing of transactions in millions. This includes related exceptions processing, workflows and query and actions and touches multiple regions, asset classes and functions.
We are a part of the Operations Technology department which is responsible for providing end to end solutions for our Operations users in Institutional Securities and Wealth Management, including confirmations, pre-settlements, settlements, tax and corporate actions.
QWEST 2.0 is a major initiative to enhance our current Web based UI framework to adopt new technologies (HTML5/Angular2) and deliver an reusable/configurable UI toolkit and services. This will include Dashboards, Exceptions management, Workflows, Email tracking and Query/actions capabilities that will help operational users to efficiently manage their workload from a single place. The existing platform already has a wide reach in these areas, the focus will be more of end-end integrated user experience via improved summary dashboards, enhanced widgets, and services.
We are looking for a Front-End Lead Developer who can work closely with a global team in Montreal, London, New York, Budapest, and India and take ownership on delivering key parts of the framework. Should be able independently perform analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance functions. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have good experience in application development, strong technical background, and good communication skills. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists within our department. This is an ideal opportunity for the right person not only to enhance their technical abilities but also to increase their knowledge of the middle/back office processing of a global financial institution.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or related field
• 8 plus years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent track record on delivering web-based UI applications/frameworks
• Strong communication skills
• Experience on HTML5, Angular 6+, node.js
• Understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
• Experience with REST services.
• UI automated testing frameworks such as Karma, Jasmine and Cypress.
• Web servers (Tomcat, apache etc), security(authentication/authorization)
• Exposure to working within a global delivery team.
• Experience in iterative/agile development practices
• Experience with monorepo and Nx framework
• Some experience with Databases (Oracle, Db2, Sybase or SQL Server)
• Knowledge/experience working on multithreaded systems.
• Experience with full stack development - backend java service development a plus.
• Prior experience in investment banking
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
Specialist in talent acquisition & attraction
need you. Apply today