Linux Script Developer 3195486
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
The Fixed Income Cash Infrastructure group is responsible for the core technologies that, for all life cycle events, capture the trade data required to support pricing, pre-trade activity, inventory management, P&L, Operations and risk/control functions, regulatory reporting and other details necessary to fully describe the trade’s behavior and legal representation throughout its life cycle.
The focus of this technology role will include:
- Working closely with users and engineering teams to define the best possible solutions
- Engaging team & users to identify requirements, direction, and issues
- Defining and building efficient and maintainable processes that provide highly resilient and stable platforms to support critical trade processing requirements.
- Integrating applications and providing for data exchanges between applications
- Working with other teams to ensure that data required for proper trade processing is provided
- Taking on various tech roles throughout a team of versatile developers (from reviewing network and database specific functionality, to working with our production management team to help provide live production support)
- Making use of tech tools on a regular basis (SQL, Shell scripting, PERL)
- 3+ years’ experience in Linux Scripting (Perl, bash, ksh)
- Strong experience in System integration (Networking, Load Balancer, DNS)
- Working knowledge of SQL, SOAP, MQ, XML
- Working knowledge of messaging, pub/sub, and/or market data distribution systems
- Experience supporting distributed systems in a highly complex, high urgency environment
- Ability to troubleshoot / follow a methodical approach to problem resolution
- Good verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual, who can work in a demanding, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to manage work and plan deliverables (project planning) in a structured manner
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Sybase, Korn Shell
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income products and business
- Working knowledge of Fixed Income trading systems
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
HR Advisor and Talent Finder
need you. Apply today