How To Install Webutil on 10.1.2.x Oracle Application Server
Oracle Forms - Version 10.1.2 to 10.1.2.3.0 [Release 10.1.2 to 10.1.2.3]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Applies to 10gR2 on all platforms.
Checked for relevance on 13-MAR-2013
Checked for relevance on 23-Nov-2015
Checked for version accuracy : 07-Feb-2011
How to install WebUtil on 10.1.2.x Application Server.
Note: For 11g Forms see Note 1093985.1 "How to Configure Webutil in Forms 11g ".
1. Get the correct Webutil version:
The WebUtil version should match the version of Forms. For example, 10.1.2.2 should use WebUtil 10.1.2.2 which comes from the 10.1.2.2 patch. However, Oracle recommends you be on 10.1.2.3 and the latest bundled patch -
Patch 9593176 followed by overlay Patch 11710576 which contains the correct webutil version for 10.1.2.3 with a certificate that does not expire until July 2013.
Starting from Oracle Forms 10.1.2.0.2, Webutil is delivered as a component of Oracle Developer Suite 10g (10.1.2.0.2). The file frmwebutil.jar is located under ORACLE_HOME/forms/java
1. By Default Webutil is NOT delivered as a component of Oracle Application Server (Webutil is delivered as a component of Oracle Developer Suite only), hence you need to get the correct version of the frmwebutil.jar from an Oracle Developer Suite installation that matches the same Application Server version.
Note that if you install the 10.1.2.3.1 Bundled patch Patch 9593176 followed by patch 11710576 this will install the correct version of Webutil for 10.1.2.3
2. Webutil 1.0.6 is the base release of Webutil. Webutil 1.0.6 is available for use only with versions 9.0.4 of Oracle Forms.
2. Get the correct Jacob version
a. If you are using an earlier version of 10gR2 such as 10.1.2.0.2 or 10.1.2.2 you will use:
b.However, if you are using the 10.1.2.3.1 Bundled Patch <> or an earlier courtesy patch (super merge) such as 9282569 you must Jacob 1.10.1 as specified in the Readme.txt file for that patch -> Jacob 1.10.1
The readme of any courtesy patch (super merge) that requires Jacob 1.10.1 will specify its requirement.
3. Create folder "webutil" under
4. Copy the following files into %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\webutil :
jacob.dll --> included in jacob_18.zip or jacob_1.10.1.zip as applicable. d2kwut60.dll --> get it from Developer Suite under %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\webutil JNIsharedstubs.dll --> get it from Developer Suite under %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\webutil sign_webutil.bat --> get it from Developer Suite under %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\webutil
5. Copy the following file to %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\java :
jacob.jar(version 1.8 or 1.10.1 as applicable)
Note if you installed Patch 9593176 or 9282569 or 11710576 you will not need to accomplish step 6. The correct version for frmwebutil.jar is installed by these patches.
6. Copy the Webutil JAR file frmwebutil.jar from %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\java of developer suite to %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\java of the application server.
NOTE: ORACLE DOES NOT RECOMMEND CUSTOMERS USE 10.1.2.0.2 AT THIS TIME. 10.1.2.3 IS THE RECOMMENDED PATCH
These Java Script files are required for overcoming the impact of Microsoft patch KB912945 that created functionality changes in the Internet Explorer browser. As these files are missing you might get "White Screen" when applet started.
7. Sign the "jacob.jar"as follows:
- start the command prompt - cd %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\java - set PATH=%ORACLE_HOME%\jdk\bin;%PATH% - %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\webutil\sign_webutil.bat %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\java\jacob.jar
8. If needed, copy the following files from %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\server of the developer suite to %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\server of the application server)
9.The following variable must be defined in %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\server\default.env:
10. The following jars must be included in the CLASSPATH in forms/server/default.env:
11. The configuration file formsweb.cfg should have the following section :
[webutil] WebUtilArchive=frmwebutil.jar,jacob.jar WebUtilLogging=off WebUtilLoggingDetail=normal WebUtilErrorMode=Alert WebUtilDispatchMonitorInterval=5 WebUtilTrustInternal=true WebUtilMaxTransferSize=16384 baseHTMLjinitiator=webutiljpi.htm baseHTMLjpi=webutiljpi.htm archive=frmall.jar lookAndFeel=oracle
If you are creating a custom configuration section for running WebUtil, include all of the parameters above in your configuration section. Failure to do so will result in the failure:
load: class oracle.forms.webutil.common.RegisterWebUtil not found.
Also, this configuration section is set up to use the SUN JRE and not JInitiator. JInitiator has been desupported. Please see Note 761159.1.
12. The following virtual path must be defined in the %ORACLE_HOME%\forms\server\forms.conf file:
AliasMatch ^/forms/webutil/(..*) "%ORACLE_HOME%/forms/webutil/$1"
Configuring the Webutil Demo Form (The latest version is can be download from this note Note 1272222.1)
13. Copy the DLL file ffisamp.dll (included in Webutil_demo.zip) to
14. Open webutil.cfg file and add the following line
Add the following line : install.syslib.0.user.1=ffisamp.dll|40960|1.0|true below : install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|106496|1.10|true install.syslib.0.9.1=JNIsharedstubs.dll|65582|1.0|true install.syslib.0.9.2=d2kwut60.dll|192512|1.0|true
Note that the size of jacob.dll will differ depending on whether you're using jacob 1.8 or 1.10.1. The entry above is for jacob 1.10.1. The entry for jacob 1.8 is -> install.syslib.0.7.1=jacob.dll|94208|1.0|true
15. In the webutil.cfg file ensure you have the lines
transfer.appsrv.workAreaRoot=d:\temp transfer.appsrv.accessControl=FALSE transfer.database.enabled=TRUE transfer.appsrv.enabled=TRUE
16. Create a database user "Webutil" .
17. Run the script (exists in Developer Suite installation)
18. Create a file called d:\temp\downloaded_from_as.txt. Ensure you add text to this file.This is a test file which will be used to demonstrate loading files from the application server to the client.The Download test expects this file to exist in this location on the Application Server.
19. Open forms builder and connect as "Webutil" user .Compile ALL" (shift-Control-K) form webutil_demo.fmb and webutil.pll ,then generate the fmx and plx using (Control-T).
20. Move the following files to %ORACLE_HOME%\forms :
webutil_demo.fmx webutil plx webutil.olb
21. Run the Demo form webutil_demo as the following to make sure that the installation went fine:
22. For more information ,go through the webutil documentation (specially "Runtime Setup Checklist" and
"WebUtil Installation Steps").You will also find more information about the various webutil program units :
23. You may also run the diagnostic test form described in the following note for further checking on the Webutil configuration :
Note :553849.1Webutil Diagnostic Test Form For Checking Webutil Configuration