Back End Java Developer 3201603
Date: Feb 21, 2022
Location : Montréal (Québec)
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) develops and oversees the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets.
We are also responsible for Pioneer and Application Infrastructure groups that look to develop foundational strategies, tools and technologies that are leveraged across Technology, as well as standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
We have an opening in the Residential Mortgage Trading (Whole Loan) Technology team. The team is responsible for developing platform used by the trading desk to conduct secondary mortgage market trading. This involves pre-purchase analytics, rate sheet creation, real-time trade capture, position maintenance, and risk management. In addition, this includes the tools and data necessary to support trade entry, inventory management, pricing/marking/valuation, P&L and risk measures calculations, operations, risk control, regulatory reporting and other functions necessary to conduct the business. The team spans across multiple regions, North America and Europe.
This role includes:
- Developing systems used by Whole Loan trading desk that cover all aspects of secondary mortgage market trading: pre-
purchase analytics, rate sheet creation, real-time trade processing, risk and P&L management, and many others
- Working with the development teams, traders, analysts, and quantitative desk strategists
to assess system needs
- Engaging the users to identify requirements, direction, and issues
- Integrating applications implementing necessary communication protocols and data exchanges
- Contributing to design ideas and system direction
- Understanding volume growth to ensure the systems & infrastructure scale to meet ever- increasing demand
- A great opportunity to get involved and learn about all MS SPG Whole Loan and other businesses
- Minimum 7 years practical experience
- Linux shell scripting
- Experience with Unix / Linux
- Strong Interpersonal skills / good verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams.
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual, who is looking to contribute to design and strategic direction
- Ability to support distributed systems in a highly complex, high-urgency environment
- Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables in a structured manner.
- Ability to switch between technologies while both supporting legacy systems and building new systems
- Working knowledge of Blockchain / Distributed Ledger technology
All our positions are located in Montreal, Quebec.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Our advisory for this position
Specialist in talent acquisition & attraction
need you. Apply today